Before Camp: Top 3 Responsibilities
- Email your campsite quickly. We will be sending your campsite information a few weeks before camp. Some women registered for camp months ahead of time and are anxiously awaiting your communication. We've found that starting a group text and/or email is the best way to connect everyone in your group.
- Respond to emails within 24 hours. Even if you don’t know the answer to your camper’s questions, please email to say you’ll find out. It’ll help all women feel valued and at-ease right out of the gate.
- Help women find gear and keep it very lightweight. Here is the packing list. We believe in borrowing, sharing, and keeping this whole thing cheap. For many women, buying a tent would break the bank. Also, encourage packing LIGHT. The mile walk is a true mile on hilly gravel.
During Camp: Top 3 Responsibilities
- Spark conversation. Ask open-ended questions and lead with vulnerability. Ask questions that show you've been listening. Start the conversation, but don't hog it. Make lots of space.
- Draw out every voice. Help women speak. It can be super hard for some women to share or even be around a group of women. We get to CHANGE THAT.
- Be love. Serve your women. Help carry their gear, tell them the truth, laugh at yourself, share your coffee, make women feel 100% loved even if they are not easy, like-minded, or "deserving." Be a shepherd. Tend to all.
How are we getting to camp?
It's your job to arrange a carpool (two cars max) for your campsite.
What if a camper wants/needs to drop out?
First, encourage her to stick with it! Some women will get nervous as we get closer to camp, and words of encouragement from a fellow camper will make a HUGE difference. If it's a serious medical/family situation, just tell her to email email@example.com and we'll handle it from there.
What if I can’t reach a camper by email?
Definitely try by phone. If that doesn’t work, please let us know ASAP so we can try to follow up, check for address typos, etc.
Can we bring a cart for our gear?
Sure! Wagons, strollers, coolers with wheels - we’ve seen it all. Just remember that you are hiking on a gravel road so whatever you bring should be pretty beefy. We recommend something like this!
Base Camp Address
420 Neville Penn Schoolhouse Road
Felicity (Neville), OH 45120
Digital Campsite Host Field Guide
(Print it if you’d like.) Click on the image below, and wa-la, it'll open.