- Send the Guide Introduction email from your Crossroads Guide email account.
- You can find an introductory template here. (But it’ll be way better if you personalize it.)
- Patiently wait for a response.
- No response? No worries. Control what you can control. You’ll reach out again in a month
so if you don’t
get any movement there.
- The ol’ thumbs up? If you get a response like “Will do,” or “Gotcha,” or “Sounds
you’d find in the auto response on Google Mail—proceed to STEP 3.
- YES to connection? That’s pretty sweet. Proceed to STEP 4.
- YES to connection + already got some questions? Proceed to STEP 5.
- Hard pass? If you get a response saying no or asking to be removed from the list, etc.,
forward the response
to your site’s student ministry director.
After two weeks, if there has been no further response, send the next
step expert email. Customize as you see
fit. Repeat STEP 2. If the response is the same, proceed to STEP 6. If the response is different, respond
No need to twist the arm. They’re down for this. Within two weeks, give them options for how they’d like to
- Wanna set up a time to talk on the phone?
- Is it OK to share a phone number? (Parent permission required for minors)
- Establish what the guidee / family is aware of about Crossroads Student Ministry.
- Do you want to sign up to receive text updates?
- Do you have any questions?
Proceed to STEP 5.
You can continue to send your guidee monthly updates. (We’ll provide that content for you.) If a student
responds to the update, decide based on their response if they’re ready for STEP 3, 4, or 5.