What is Simple Serve?
Simple Serve is when you and a group of your friends, family, and/or co-workers go out to serve in practical ways. Think
cleaning up your neighborhood, visiting the sick in hospitals, or doing housework for the elderly. By caring for the
actual needs in our communities, it is a practical expression of God’s love.
Getting started is simple.
Look through the partner organization list for your Crossroads site, contact the organization, and show up to serve.
Don’t see an organization you’d like to serve? No worries.
If you have an organization or location you’d like to serve in your neighborhood - go for it.
You don’t need permission from us.
If you’re looking for the best way to help your neighborhood, discuss the following questions with your group, friends,
family, co-workers or whoever you’ll get to serve with you:
- Who in your neighborhood has a need?
- What business or organization within your sphere of influence could you serve?
- What are some areas you’re passionate about?
- What serving opportunities best suit your group’s skills and abilities (physical labor, hosting a party, prayer,
- What resources do you or your friends and family have access to?
The following are just a few ideas to help get your creativity flowing:
- Neighborhood clean-up
- Nursing home visits (prayer, worship, crafts)
- Arts & music for underprivileged kids
- Cooking for a cause (homeless, sick, etc)
- Home repairs for the elderly or disabled
- Blankets for the homeless
- Community gardening
- Care packages for hospitalized, sick children, foster kids
- Coffee & prayer for police and firemen
- Hair care for cancer patients, elderly or low income
- Support local ministries administrative needs
- Hospital prayer groups
Form your group around your passion and gifting. Keep it simple, make it fun, and invite others who have similar
interests and skills to join your group.
Find the blue chat icon in the lower right-hand corner and chat us.